The Smallfarming Revolution -New Beginings in rural NZ

Books to read, recommendations and where to get the best prices.
Shadowgirlau

The Smallfarming Revolution -New Beginings in rural NZ

Postby Shadowgirlau » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:01 pm

This book is by Ian & Dianne Grant
It is a New Zealand book (however I wont hold that against the authors) ;) and I found it to be quite a good read.
New Zealand having a different climate zone to ours means that some things mentioned in it could be hit and miss for us here, depending on where you live in "Gods Own Country" :lol: (okay I couldn't help myself, hubby being a kiwi means I am always copping jokes from him about us Aussies so time to give as good as I get. :lol:

Anyway, I found it to be very similar to another book I have read which is Australian in origin and one which I can't remember the topic of right at this minute, although it is available from Grass Roots I think it was? or was it Earth Garden? anyway one of them. :roll:

In the first part of the book the authors deal with 25 secrets of successful smallfarmers all of whom are in the throes of developing their promising smallfarming type ventures. The second part of the book features 21 case studies of different types of small farms and small farm enterprises throughout New Zealand.

Certainly is worth a read for all new and budding small farmers and even those existing farmers looking for new ideas.

It is published by : Penguin 1998 and consists of about 230 pages so not a huge book by any means.

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Return to “Library”