Hi from Mackay

Please introduce yourself and let us welcome you.
yorkie

Hi from Mackay

Postby yorkie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

Very new at preserving, so hoping this forum will help me learn the basics and beyond.
cheers
yorkie

Shadowgirlau

Re: Hi from Mackay

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi Yorkie,
Welcome to the forum although I must say it has been very quiet in here these past few months or more. Hopefully you will have had a good look around the site and found the list of basic information.
What type of preserving are you interested in - dried, pickled, jams, whole fruit, smoked, etc?
Feel free to ask questions and hopefully someone will chime in and have an answer for you although please be patient when waiting for a reply. I used to pop in for a look see at what was going on every day however life got in the way and I have been largely absent however I will en devour to look in more often.

Love hearing about what people have been up to and so again, welcome and happy preserving in the future. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

yorkie

Postby yorkie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks for the welcome
Just made some pickled cucumber and also mandarine marmalade, so it looks like i will go with that part of preserving for a wile till i learn more.
cheers
yorkie

Shadowgirlau

Postby Shadowgirlau » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 am

Love marmalade. My citrus trees are actually producing quite well this year which means I will soon be putting a few jars of marmalade up myself.

Happy Preserving
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello!
Welcome aboard. I hope you have enough internet to sit and read through the posts on here. There are some great gems.
H

Return to “Introductions”