Free Vacola Jars - Northern Beaches Sydney

We're like you, we want to get the best for the best price. Let us all know where you buy your jars, lids and other tools and what you think of them.
Forum rules
Recommendations of online shops, or other shops are not necessarily the recommendations or opinions of the forum owners or managers. If you have a bad experience with any seller(s) recommended on this forum, please let us know.
Susannag

Free Vacola Jars - Northern Beaches Sydney

Postby Susannag » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi All,

I have just joined the site as my father said he had started to recycle my late mother's bottling jars! He thinks that there are at least 50+. I am not sure of the sizes but they would be largeish ones as she ony bottled fruit. He does not have the lids or clips for them. I would love them to go to someone who is carrying on the traditon of bottling. We ate her bottled fruit for dessert for years - apricots, peaches, pineapple, plums and the family favourite brandied cherries.

Regards,
Susanna

Shadowgirlau

Re: Free Vacola Jars - Northern Beaches Sydney

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Hello Susanna,
How lovely of you to offer your mothers jars and what a lovely memories to have. Sadly it is one many many people do not have these years although with the increasing numbers of people seeking information about this lost past time we may change this. Pity I am all the way over in WA or I would be interested.

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

samnic1

Postby samnic1 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Are these jars still available if so when can they be picked up

Regards

Keith :lol:

Susannag

Postby Susannag » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 am

Keith, they are still availabe. I will contact you off list to arrange.

Regards,
Susanna

sue

Postby sue » Fri May 20, 2011 11:32 am

Hi
Do you still have any of these jars?
Thanks
Sue

Return to “Best places to buy - jars, lids, books, cheesemaking products and other preserving products”